Uttar Pradesh : As UP election is coming near Samajwadi party and Congress started discussion on alliance to contest against the BJP, The Grand alliance in Bihar was the Grand success for Congress/RJD/JDU. According to sources, both the party members are ready for pre-poll alliance, only main leaders from both party meeting is pending.
Source also confirmed that Priyanka Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Ghulam Nabi Azad and Prashant Kishor had a meeting together earlier, just the distribution on seats and tickets are still not decided.
Both the party has made their alliance formula, if it all goes well then alliance will be confirmed and its being said that this will be another disaster for Narenda Modi.
Samajwadi Party and Congress Alliance Formula.
- SP is ready to give 70 seat to congress and 20-25 seat to Ajit Singh Party, where there is conflict on 30 seats between SP and congress.
- SP proposed, Congress and SP should fight from the winning seat or the seat where they got 2nd position.
- According to this formula, Congress may bet 59 seats and SP will get 301 seats to contest.
- Congress is demanding for 125 seat, this is the reason the alliance if not confirmed yet.
- According to sources from SP, if congress agree to contest from winner seat and the seat where they got 2nd position then this alliance could be possible.
But, if congress agree to SP proposal then congress will end up fighting for only 60-70 seats in UP, congress is demanding for 125 seats to contest and SP is not ready to leave the seat where they won last time.
With PTI inputs